ALL SAMPLE BALLOTS ARE BASED ON THE ADDRESSES OF REGISTERED VOTERS.
As part of its commitment to provide quality service to voters, the Smith County Elections Office is pleased to offer an Interactive ExpressPass Sample Ballot to all registered voters in the County. This system is convenient, simple and completely safe for voter use.
New interactive, electronic sample ballots offer:
• Convenience: The County’s sample ballot system can be accessed from the voter’s computer, tablet or smartphone. From the security of their own homes, voters can research their choices and take as much time as needed to mark their sample ballots. Voters then print their choices and take their “marked” sample ballot to the poll to use as a go-by for voting. Their printout will even provide them with Early Voting locations and their personal Election Day Polling location.
• Continuity: The interactive sample ballot is identical to the ballot the voter will see in their polling location. Once the voter logs on to the site, they will enter their address. From there, the system will select the correct ballot for their residential address. Navigating through the ballot and marking choices is intuitive. The process is as easy as completing an online form.
• Clarity: Voters have access to customized ballots, polling location information, and directions.
• Accessibility: Sample Ballots are provided in an accessible format for voters utilizing assistive technologies (screen readers and navigational software). They meet ADA requirements of Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act.
• Privacy: The ExpressPass Sample Ballot look-up based on voter address is anonymous.
Although the voter may choose to mark their choices online, no records of a voter’s choices are recorded. This system passed the highest Texas standards and voters may rest assured that their anonymity and privacy is protected.
It is essential to note that what is provided online are SAMPLE BALLOTS. Actual casting of a ballot is still done in person or through an Absentee Ballot by Mail.
ALL SAMPLE BALLOTS ARE BASED ON THE ADDRESSES OF REGISTERED VOTERS. When using ExpressPass Ballot, voters should enter addresses in the following format for best results:
• Ex: 1234 W Smith Ct, Tyler TX.